Wonderchef is one of India’s favourite brand of innovative and healthy Kitchen Appliances. It was founded in 2009 by celebrity Chef Sanjeev Kapoor and Ravi Saxena. The brand has nearly 5000 outlets across 3000 towns and cities across India. Products are developed in Italy, Korea, UK Germany, China, Canada and USA. The brand opened two exclusive stores (Commercial Street and VR Mall, Bangalore) with a clear intent to expand the South India Market. Chef Sanjeev Kapoor and Mr. Ravi Saxena (renowned expert in F&B Retail Industry and MD) were present at the store openings on 25 December 2017.
Launch and Media Interaction
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor and Ravi Saxena formally opened the store by cutting the ribbon and cake.
Later, both the co-founders interacted with media and answered many questions.
- How do you ensure the product quality is maintained?
- How important is to use the right vessel in preparing good food?
- What research is being done before products are introduced to market?
- Do you think, the older styles and vessels are coming back to market?
- What are the new products expected to be released into the market?
- Future of using Millets in India?
While answering the questions, both Chef Sanjeev & Ravi gave live demo of the products like – Chopper (Smart Prepping) and Nutri-blend (Blender & Grinder). Chopper was used to make fine-pieces of beetroot while the handy mixer was used to powder a single piece of black pepper. It was good to see such a great output by using these Kitchen Appliances.
They also shared info about the new products that are in the pipeline – Roti Maker, Coffee Maker and others. Chef Sanjeev Kapoor spoke about the research being done by keeping Indian customers in mind. Instead of hurrying on introduced a half-baked product, they believe in introducing the right product benefit Indian Household.
Cook For Me
In this activity, Food enthusiasts could cook something special for Chef Sanjeev Kapoor and they were judges by Chef himself. There was no restriction on preparation of Vegetarian, Non-Vegetarian or salads. Some of the items prepared by participants included – Shahi Palak Pulav, Chicken Tikka Burger Biryani, Kesar Phirni, Gooseberry Chutney & Flax, Avrekalu Masala Rice and many more.
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor adjudged the lady who prepared Chicken Tikka Burger Biryani as the winner for the most unique and tasty dish among the lot. The winner of the contest won a complete Casserole set from Wonderchef.
Wonderchef brand known for superior quality and ease of use which has made it very popular across many household.
- German Technology used in making products.
- Stringent quality checks done for every product.
- Many of the cooking products are compatible on Induction stoves.
- Some of the popular Wonderchef products – Non-stick pans, Casserole sets, Ferro cast-iron, Dosa Tawas, Blender & Grinder, Juicers, Bread Makers, Waffle Makers, Healthy Grills, Electric BBQs, Pizza Maker, Choppers, Soup makers and many more.
- Wondrechef products give International appeal to traditional Indian cooking.
- Products come in 20 different colors making them very fashionable.
- Many products are apt for Non-stick cooking and Slow cooking purposes.
- My favourite among these ranges were – Nutri-blend, Chopper and compact version of Electric BBQ.
It was good to be part of a the Wonderchef store launch at Commercial Street, Bangalore. I specially loved the opportunity to interact with Celebrity Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Both Chef & Ravi Saxena (MD) shared a lot of insights into the product range and interacted with bloggers, public & media. It is very assuring to hear their perspective, about the product quality and use of Technology. The live demo session while explaining the products was wonderful. I personally found the Chopper and Blender products to be good. The price of the product is very competitive.
Ravi Saxena dreams of making this brand the No.2 player in Kitchenware Industry, within next 3 years. With the current product range, quality and price, the dream seems very achievable.