Deep Technology companies are those that are founded on a scientific discovery or meaningful engineering innovation. The people behind these companies have deep inclination in using technology for creating solutions for better lifestyle. These companies need investment to develop products, make it globally acceptable and continue research for doing further enhancements. This can only happen with the involvement of leading Venture Capital Company like YourNest.
Traditionally India has seen many startups come-up in e-commerce, food, financial services, delivery and more. Some of the popular startup companies like Flipkart, Zomato, Swiggy, Ola, Paytm & more have also reached Unicorn status. But going forward, experts believe that the next growth wave in India will come from companies working on Deep Technology. YourNest likes to that space to invest and
About YourNest Company
The company was founded in 2012 by Sunil K Goyal (played pivotal leadership role in companies like Bharti & Dabur), Sanjay Pande & Girish Shivani. Dr.Vivek Mansigh is also one of the partners of the company who has 30 yrs experience, holds 6 US patents and has number published technical papers. Apart from this, the company also has YourNest Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIR). The strong leadership group at YourNest believe in identifying and investing in Indian B2B/B2B2C start-ups which have the potential to serve global markets.
YourNest’s Fund of $15M, has been fully committed to 16 companies. The Fund was the “Youngest VC Fund” in India to be feature in the Top 10 Ranking by Returns in Preqin’s Ranking of VC and PE funds across Sectors.
The company recently hosted an event at Ritz Carlton, Bangalore. Event was termed as “Building the next multi-billion-dollar industry through deep technology”. As part of the event, the executive members from YourNest and founders of companies benefited from YourNest shared their thought.
Key members part of the company who address the audience included.
- Sunil Goyal, Founder & MD, YourNest Venture Capital
- Vivek Mansingh, General Partner, YourNest Venture Capital
- Girish Shivani, Executive Director & Fund Manager, YourNest Venture Capital
- Sanjay Pande, Director & Fund Manager, YourNest Venture Capital
- Satish Mugulavalli, Director-Technology, YourNest Venture Capital
- Mohit Hira & Nidhi Agarwal, YourNest EIRs
Updates from YourNest Team
Couple of thoughts shared by the leaders during the discussion.
- Company plans to invest in 5 companies on yearly basis
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) growth has increased to 75% over the years, which is much higher than consumer market
- Focus is on developing IP in India
- Investment in deep-technology in countries like US, Israel are >20%. In India, its only 10%
- Critical factor involved in starting companies working on deep-technology
- Targeting on creating 3 Unicorn from Indian in 5-10yrs
- India’s advantage due to presence of large local customer base, making it easier to scale across globe
Post the initial updates from YourNest executives, the founder of companies that benefited from association with YourNest shared their insight. Speaking at the event were.
- Sneh Vaswani, Co-Founder & CEO, emotix
- Pawan Gandhi, Founder & CEO, KahaPte
- Vinay Kumar, Founder & CEO, Arya.ai
- AvinashTiwari, Co-Founder, Smart Software Testing Solutions
Some of the key thoughts that were shared by the founders.
- Huge experience and good network the industry
- Key aspects of engagement summarized in words as – Teach, Inspire, Motivate & Empower
- Journey that starts with emotion is bound to succeed
- Nurturing the growth of company over long period
- Technical mentorship
Coming from a technology background, I could feel the passion from every founder. Most of the companies are already on the way to become much bigger success stories and may become Unicorn in few year time.
I am glad to have been part of an event hosted by YourNest. After hearing from YourNest team and founders of companies engaged with YourNest, it’s clear that India will have more Deep Technology companies in future. Most of the companies might end up being funded by YourNest and become Unicorn in next few years. Looking forward to the possible disruptions in market over the period of next 5-10 years.
Leave a Reply